Hey look, a new S&T! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? A fair bit longer than I’d anticipated, actually.
There are a few reasons for this, of varying degrees of significance, but basically it comes down to:
– Life is very full right now, but not with things that make good four-panel anecdotes
– That aforementioned full life leaves increasingly limited drawing time, which I have to ration between competing projects
– S&T is fun to write, but not as fun to draw
– Obligations make things less fun, especially when they don’t balance the work with financial remuneration
– When things are hard my creative response is escapism, always has been. And things are hard right now
So with that in mind, I’m going to stop pretending that Sloths and Trolleys has a twice a week schedule. I’m not quitting by any means, rest assured, but I’m going to draw these strips when I feel like I want to rather than when I feel like I should. I think they’ll be better for it.
I’ll still be making comics and illustrations and trading cards and whatnot, and the tide will probably shift back in S&T’s favour sooner or later, but for the time being I just want to draw explosions and weird robots, you know?